Firefox market share vs Mozilla Foundation chair salary (2.5 million/year in 2018)
Mozilla laying off 1/4 of staff https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2020/08/11/changing-world-changing-mozilla/
Confusingly COVID-19 is blamed, but I don't understand how that could be the case unless it directly correlated with losing specific funders. COVID-19 seems like it could also be an opportunity to close unnecessary offices, dramatically reducing costs.
- This probably means even more browser takeover by chrome
- Vague "pivot to products" talk
- Executive pay keeps going up https://twitter.com/withoutboats/status/1293188958705168384
@khm removing the browser is the first and most necessary step to making something which is actually innovative
I want to contribute to your project, how do I start?
First toot from my #openbsd test machine. Quick summary of the experience so far:
- installation was very straight forward
- would be nice if disk encryption was part of the installation wizard
- wifi card from this MBA 2012 is not recognized
- documentation has been outstanding compared to any other OS (or project in general)
- didn't like the default wm, neither cwm but I'm enjoying dwm
So I upgrade Firefox and I get a “Curated by Pocket” section in my previously-blank new tab view that also has sponsored content in it.
I cannot stress this enough:
Fuck you, @mozilla
And fuck you, Pocket.
“Those states prospered where the philosophers were kings or the kings philosophers”
that's what happens when you rely your whole business on a private corp...
Last picture from #madrid ... I loved the old-school look of restaurants in barrio La Latina. Unfortunately didn’t get the chance to eat there but it looked like a very fun place to go once things go back to normal.
“But safety is only one attraction of in-cabin monitoring. The systems also hold huge potential for harvesting the kind of behavioral data that Google, Facebook, and other surveillance capitalists have exploited to target ads and influence purchasing habits.”
The code I’m still ashamed of
This place makes an amazing pepito
Jamón ibérico ... I ❤️ you
Software developer based in Ghent, Belgium
Originally from Guatemala
EN | ES | some DE
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!